What did I learn about Listening?
Wow, where do I begin?
1. Listening: hearing with my ears but listening with my heart, letting others be heard, inviting others to share their wisdom and knowledge, and accepting that everyone has something important to say. As a life long learner I am always looking to see what lesson I am learning and what course I signed up for in this “Earth Teleclass.”
I have learned to listen to the energy flow and people’s reactions when I speak. I have learned that each moment is fluid and everyone is unique.
Through facilitation I have learned that people who feel heard and accepted are ready to listen.
We accept everyone exactly the way they are without trying to fix them, change them or make them better.
The more we listen to , invite contribution and sharing, and accept and acknowledge them, the more they will listen and hear us.
I have learned to listen on many levels while I am speaking:
- to listen to my thoughts,
- to listen to those to whom I am speaking,
- to listen to the silence and stillness for if I fill that space there is no room for others to share
- to listen before I speak
- to listen so that I can reflect back what I hear, their contribution, their competencies, their wisdom, their brilliance.
- to listen with no agenda, to go with the flow and be flexible for whatever awaits you as it will be perfect.
In my teleclass I even had to listen to a third party recording while listening to the questions and contributions of the other coaches on the call.
I have learned to stay calm, centred, focused and be fully in the moment no matter what is happening, forget about everything and just Be with people in a loving, supportive and accepting way.
2. Be real, be authentic, be yourself : express yourself in whatever way is natural to you. “Who we are speaks more loudly than what we say”
3. Have faith: “Faith grows when you act without knowing the result” Take a risk, step out from the safety zone.
4. Dear friends: I have met many warm, caring and generous people, I dare to call friends.
5. Trust: To march to the beat of my own heart. Nervousness is just bottled up excitement. Allow yourself to experience it. Listen to what your heart or intuition tells you.
How have I changed?
I feel more confident, I surrendered to diving in the deep end, coming out of my comfort zone. I have realized that surrender is the key to unlock the door of fear. I will always be guided to the exact events and experiences at precisely the right time. I listen for the stories, for the limiting words, for a clients values and what is important to them. I listen so that I can hear their essence.